• Abigail – The mother of Amasa, Sister of David. 1 Chronicles.
• Abigail – The wife of the wicked Nabal, who became a wife of David after Nabal's death. 1 Samuel.
• Abihail #1 – Mother of Zuriel, chief of the house of Merari. Numbers.
• Abihail #2 – Wife of Abishur and mother of Ahban and Molid. I Chronicles.
• Abishag – Concubine of aged King David. I Kings.
• Abital – One of King David's wives II Samuel; I Chronicles.
• Achsah – Daughter of Caleb. When Caleb promised her to Othniel in marriage, she requested that he increased her dowry to include not only land, but springs of water as well. Joshua, Judges, I Chronicles.
• Adah – Adah # 1: Wife of Lamech, Genesis.
• Adah – Adah #2 – Daughter of Elon, the Hittite and one of the wives of Esau. Possibly original name of Bashemath. Genesis.
• Ahinoam #1 – Wife of King Saul, mother of Michal (wife of King David) I Samuel.
• Ahinoam #2 – One of King David's wives, mother of Amnon. I Samuel; II Samuel; I Chronicles.
• Ahlai #1 – Daughter of Sheshan. I Chronicles.
• Ahlai #2 – Mother of Zabad (in David's guard)I Chronicles.
• Aholibamah – Daughter of Anah and one of Esau's wives. Also called Judith. Genesis.
• Anah – Mother of Aholibimah.
• Anna – An aged Jewish prophetess who prophesied about Jesus at the Temple of Jerusalem. Luke.
• Asenath – Egyptian wife of Joseph Genesis.
• Atarah – 2nd wife of Jerahmeel. I Chronicles.
• Athaliah – Queen of Judah during the reign of King Jehoram, and later became sole ruler of Judah for five years.
II Kings, II Chronicles.
• Azubah #1 – Caleb's wife. I Chronicles.
• Azubah #2 – Wife of King Asa, 3rd king of Judah, and mother of Jehoshaphat. I Kings, II Chronicles.
• Baara – A Moabitess, wife of Shaharaim. I Chronicles.
• Basemeth #1 – Daughter of Elon, the Hittite, One of the wives of Esau. Genesis.
• Basemeth #2 – Daughter of Ishmael and 3rd wife of Esau. Genesis.
• Basemeth #3 – Daughter of Solomon, wife of Ahimaaz. I Kings.
• Bathsheba – Wife of Uriah the Hittite and later of David, king of the United Kingdom of Israel and Judah. She
was the mother of Solomon, who succeeded David as king. II Samuel, I Kings, I Chronicles.
• Bilhah – Rachel's handmaid and a concubine of Jacob who bears him two sons, Dan and Naphtali. Genesis.
• Bithiah – Wife of Mered, a descendant of Judah. I Chronicles.
• Cozbi – A Midianite princess who was killed by Phinehas (grandson of Aaron) because her evil influence was
seen as the source of a plague among the Israelites Numbers.
• Deborah – Nursemaid to Rebekah and later to Jacob and Esau. Genesis.
• Deborah – Deborah #2 Prophetess and the fourth, and the only female, Judge of pre–monarchic Israel in the Old
• Delilah – The "woman in the valley of Sorek" whom Samson loved, and who was his downfall. Judges.
• Dinah – Daughter of Jacob, one of the patriarchs of the Israelites and Leah, his first wife. Genesis.
• Dorcas, also known as Tabitha.
• Eglah – One of King David's wives. II Samuel, I Chronicles.
• Elisabeth – Mother of John the Baptist and the wife of Zacharias. Luke.
• Elisheba – Wife of Aaron. Exodus.
• Ephah – one of the concubines of Caleb (prince of Judah) I Chronicles.
• Ephrath – Second wife of Caleb (the spy) I Chronicles.
• Esther – Queen of the Persian Empire in the Hebrew Bible, the queen of Ahasuerus. Book of Esther.
• Eunice – Acts Timothy.
• Eve – First woman, wife of Adam. Genesis.
• Gomer – Wife of Hoseah and supposedly a prostitute. Hosea.
• Hagar – Egyptian handmaiden of Sarah, wife of Abraham. Hagar became the mother of Abraham's son, Ishmael.
• Haggith – Wife of King David, mother of Adoniyah II Samuel, I Kings, I Chronicles.
• Hammolekheth – possibly rules over portion of Gilead. I Chronicles.
• Hamutal – Wife of Josiah and mother of "ungodly" sons Jehoahaz and Mattaniah. Jeremiah, II Kings.
• Hannah – A prophetess and citizen of Jerusalem. Mother of Samuel. II Kings.
• Hazelelponi – I Chronicles. Mother of Samson.
• Helah – I Chronicles.
• Hephzibah – Wife of King Hezekiah and mother of Manasseh who undid his father's good works. II Kings
• Hodesh – one of the wives of Shaharaim I Chronicles.
• Hodiah – I Chronicles, Nehemiah.
• Hogla – One of the 5 daughters of Zelophehad who fought and won the right to inherit their deceased father's
property. Numbers Joshua.
• Huldah – Prophet II Kings II Chronicles.
• Hushim – One of the wives of Shaharaim I Chronicles.
• Iscah – Daughter of Abraham's younger brother Haran Genesis.
• Jael – Heroine who killed Sisera to deliver Israel from the troops of king Jabin. She was the wife of Heber the
• Jecholiah – Wife of Amaziah (King of Judah) and mother of Uzziah. II Kings ; II Chronicles.
• Jedidah – Wife of wicked king Adaiah and mother of Josiah. II Kings.
• Jehoaddan – II Kings; II Chronicles.
• Jehodijah – I Chronicles.
• Jemima – One of Job's daughters. Job.
• Jerioth – Wife of Caleb (son of Hezron) I Chronicles.
• Jerusha – Daughter of Zadok, a priest, wife of King Uzziah and mother of Jotham. II Kings; I Chronicles; II
• Jezebel – Queen of ancient Israel. I Kings, II Kings.
• Joanna- Luke 8:2-3 one of the women who went to prepare Jesus' body for burial.
• Jochebed – Mother of Moses, Aaron, and Miriam. Exodus, Numbers.
• Judith – Hittite wife of Esau Genesis.
• Junia- Romans 16:7.
• Keren–Happuch – One of Job's daughters Job.
• Keturah – Wife (or concubine?) of Abraham after Sarah's death. Genesis, I Chronicles.
• Keziah – Second daughter of Job Job.
• Leah – First wife of Jacob who was given to him in place of Rachel whom he loved. Genesis, Ruth.
• Lois, grandmother of Saint Timothy.
• Lo–Ruhamah – Daughter of Hosea and Gomer. Hosea.
• Lydia – one of the first to convert to Christianity.
• Mahalah #1 – I Chronicles 7:18.
• Mahalath – daughter of Ishmael and 3rd wife of Esau Genesis 28:9.
• Mahalath – granddaughter of David and the first wife of King Rehoboam. II Chronicles 11:18.
• Mahlah – one of the daughters of Zelophehad Numbers 26:33; 27:1; 36:11; Joshua 17:3.
• Martha -
• Mary – Mother of Jesus.
• Mary Magdalene – Disciple of Jesus.
• Mary the mother of James and John (Mat. 27:56).
• Mary the sister of Martha (John 11:1,2).
• Mary the wife of Cleophas (John 19:25).
• Mary who was greeted by Paul (Rom. 16:6).
• Matred – Genesis 36:39; I Chronicles 1:50.
• Mehetabel – daughter of Matred Genesis 36:39; I Chronicles 1:50.
• Merab – King Saul's oldest daughter I Samuel 14:49; 18:17,19.
• Michal – daughter of Saul and wife of David.
• Miriam – Moses' sister.
• Naamah – Sister of Tubal-cain.
• Naomi – mother–in–law to Ruth.
• Noah - daughter of Zelophehad (Numbers 26:33).
• Orpah - Sister-in-law to Ruth Book of Ruth.
• Phoebe – woman mentioned in Romans 16:1.
• Priscilla – wife of Aquila, and missionary partner to Paul.
• Rachel – Second wife of Jacob, and sister of Leah.
• Rahab - of Jericho in Joshua 2 and 6.
• Rebekah - wife of Isaac and the mother of Jacob and Esau.
• Rhoda -
• Ruth - Boaz and Ruth get married and have a son named Obed. Obed is the descendant of Perez the son of Judah,
and the grandfather of (king) David. Book of Ruth.
• Reumah - the concubine of Abraham's brother Nahor.
• Sarah - the wife of Abraham and the mother of Isaac . Her name was originally "Sarai". According to Genesis
17:15 God changed her name to Sarah as part of a covenant with Yahweh after Hagar bore Abraham his son
• Sheerah - Founded three towns according to 1 Chronicles 7:24. Descendant of Ephraim.
• Serach - Jacob’s granddaughter, Asher's daughter.
• Salome - Daughter of Herodias. Name in Hebrew reads ( שלומיתShlomit) and is derived from Shalom ,שלום
• Sapphira -
• Tamar #1: The daughter-in-law of Judah, as well as the mother of two of his children, the twins Zerah and Perez
• Tamar #2: The daughter of King David, and sister of Absalom. Her mother was Maacah, daughter of Talmai, king
of Geshur 2 Samuel 13.
• Tamar #3: daughter of David's son Absalom.
• Vashti - wife of King Ahasuerus in the Book of Esther.
• Zeresh - wife of Haman in the Book of Esther.
• Zeruiah - daughter or stepdaughter of Jesse of the Tribe of Judah, was an older sister of King David. Zeruiah had
three sons, Abishai, Joab, and Asahel, all of whom were soldiers in David's army.
• Zillah, a wife of Lamech and the mother of Tubalcain and Naamah.
• Zilpah - Leah's handmaid who becomes a wife of Jacob and bears him two sons Gad and Asher.
• Zipporah – Wife of Moses, daughter of Jethro.