International Christian Concern (ICC) continues to follow the developing situation in Egypt as the country erupted into violent chaos on Friday. Islamists and other opponents of last month's military takeover fought security forces and their civilian allies in street battles across the capital and other cities. Currently, over 1,000 people are dead, and 48 churches and 160 Christian-owned buildings have been attacked.
Please stop and pray fervently for Egypt:
- Pray for the safety of the people of Egypt. Since Wednesday, over 1,000 have been killed across the country. There have been numerous violent clashes between supporters of the deposed Islamist President Mohamed Morsi and the Egyptian army and security forces.
- Pray for Christians, as they have been targeted in the violence. There have been 48 churches attacked in the past few days, as well as 160 Christian-owned buildings (churches, schools, monasteries and businesses). Security forces have not been protecting Christians or their property.
- Pray for many the Christians hiding in their homes for nearly five days to try to avoid the violence. They are living with a spirit of fear. Many have said the situation is very bad.
- Pray for the families of those who have been wounded or killed in the fighting.
- Pray for the leadership to make wise choices.
- Pray for peace in the nation.
For more updates with pictures please, follow our Egypt Updates on facebook.
Sincerely in Christ,
Jeff King, President, ICC
International Christian Concern
2020 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20006